10 reasons why people choose the Medtronic MiniMed 640g insulin pump
Pump and sensor technology that helps you stay in range.See why
up to 3.6m for up to 24 hours*
Full colour auto brightness
which takes action for you
Easy to use menu and
Programmable friendly reminders with adjustable
Personalised basal and bolus settings to fit your needs throughout the day and night
Wireless readings and discreet remote bolusing
Recommended bolus doses enabled by Bolus Wizard® Calculator to help you avoid insulin stacking
Predictive alerts up to 30 minutes ahead if you’re trending high or low
Waterproof protection up to 3.6m for up to 24 hours*
Full colour auto-brightness display
SmartGuard TM technology to help protect you from lows
Airplane mode for travel
Easy to use menu and buttons
Personalised basal and bolus settings
Active insulin tracking
Wireless readings and discreet remote bolusing
Bolus Wizard® Calculator for recommended doses
Predictive alerts for highs and lows
MEET THE MiniMed®640G
Many factors can affect your glucose levels, such as diet, exercise and stress levels. You may need a system that can give you better control: a system that thinks1. The MiniMed® 640G System^ with SmartGuardTM technology closely mimics the way a healthy pancreas delivers background insulin to the body.
All of this with personalised settings to fit in with your daily life. The MiniMed® 640G System gives you better control2 by providing advanced protection from hypoglycaemia3 and greater convenience for easier daily management of your diabetes.
learn about the MiniMed® 640G system
Our infusion sets with the innovative MiniMed® connection are designed to provide a more secure insulin delivery from your pump to your body. The infusion sets come in a diverse range of colours and styles to meet your lifestyle needs, allowing you to be more comfortable and confident!
Continious Glucose Monitoring
Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) technology tracks glucose levels in your body 24 hours a day. CGM uses a sensor that connects to your MiniMed® insulin pump giving you early warnings of highs and lows. Results show that CGM can lower HbA1c levels2 and reduce the time of hypos4, and aims to improve quality of life.
Blood Glucose Meter
The Ascensia CONTOUR® NEXT LINK 2.4 is the only available blood glucose meter shown to accurately send glucose readings wirelessly to your MiniMed® 640G saving you time and effort. It also allows you to discreetly send a bolus directly to your pump and to conveniently download blood glucose and insulin information to CareLink®.
CareLink® Personal Software is a convenient online tool that accurately tracks your insulin usage and glucose levels, allowing you to compare any changes in glucose levels with your daily activities, such as meals and exercise routines. Clear charts and graphs show you these changes and help you and your healthcare provider discover patterns and adjust your therapy for beter control.
You may be interested in
INSULIN PUMP THERAPY
Discover how insulin pump therapy can give you the control you want in life.More Details
CONTINUOUS GLUCOSE MONITORING
Monitor your glucose levels 24/7 with the accuracy of Enlite Sensors.More Details
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Find answers to popular questions.More Details
- Thinks refers to the data retrieval, processing and computing capabilities found in the MiniMed® 640G insulin pump, continuous glucose monitoring system (Guardian™ 2 Link transmitter and Enlite™ sensor), Contour NEXT LINK 2.4 blood glucose meter and Medtronic CareLink® therapy management software, both collectively and individually. This system and its computing capabilities are part of, but not replacement for, your daily diabetes management. A confirmatory fingerstick is still required prior to making adjustments to diabetes therapy.
- Bergenstal RM, Tamborlane WV, Ahmann A, et al. The STAR 3 Study Group. Effectiveness of sensor-augmented insulin-pump therapy in Insulin Dependant Diabetes. N Engl J Med. 2010;363(4):311-320.
- Garg S, Brazg RL, Bailey TS , et al. Reduction in duration of hypoglycemia by automatic suspension of insulin delivery: the in-clinic ASPIRE study. Diabetes Tech Ther. 2012;14(3):205-209.
- Battelino T et al. The SWITCH Study. Pediatric Diabetes 2011 Diabetologia DOI 10.1007/s00125-012-2708-9 Epub ahead of print and Aspire In-Home
^Components sold separately. Automated insulin delivery is made possible through combining Medtronic insulin pump and continuous glucose monitoring technology.
* Waterproof at time of manufacture up to 3.6 metres for up to 24 hours at a time. See MiniMed® 640G User Guide for a complete description of the waterproof capabilities and proper use instructions.