An iPro® 2 Professional Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) evaluation will record your glucose levels and will give your healthcare provider insights into how your diet, medication, sleep and daily activities really affect your glucose levels. iPro Professional CGM evaluation is a small, lightweight and watertight CGM device that takes a glucose reading every five minutes.
Wear it for 6-7 days for a more complete picture of your glucose levels.
How does IPro2 Professional CGM Work?
- Your healthcare professional will help you get set up in minutes with sensor and a connected iPro recorder to wear for 6-7 days
- During these 6-7 days, you can go about your everyday life while wearing the device
- When you return the sensor to your doctor, they download the data and analyse the CGM results to give you a personalised report showing cause and effect
Is IPro2 Professional CGM right for me?
People who have Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes that are experiencing any of the following would benefit from Professional CGM:
- Are not at their HbA1c target, even when their glucose readings are better
- Believe they are experiencing the effect of hypo unawareness
- Are changing their diabetes therapy
- Are undergoing lifestyle challenges
- Feel like their medications aren’t working
In addition, all pregnant women with Type 1 diabetes would benefit from iPro2 Professional CGM. Professional CGM may also help pregnant women with Type 2 diabetes or insulin-requiring gestational diabetes to follow their treatment plan.
A HEALTHIER YOU
Therapy adjustments made with CGM data have been proven to:
- Reduce the frequency and duration of highs and lows1,2
- Reduce A1C levels, which can lead to reduced risk of complications3,4
iPro2 Professional CGM
Talk to your healthcare professional or contact us to discover how you can access iPro2 Professional CGM.
You may be interested in
Find answers to popular questions about iPro2 Professional CGM.More Details
Are you using Multiple Daily Injections? Discover how you can inject less and worry less with I-Port Advance.More Details
Understand more about your diabetes with CareLink Software.More Details
- Kaufman FR, Gibson LC, Halvorson M, et al. A pilot study of the continuous glucose monitoring system. Diabetes Care. 2001;24(12):2030-2034.
- Battelino T, Conget I, Olsen B, et al; and SWITCH Study Group. The use and efficacy of continuous glucose monitoring in type 1 diabetes treated with insulin pump therapy: a randomized controlled trial. Diabetologia. 2012:55:3155-3162.
- The Diabetes Control and Complications Trial Research Group. The effect of intensive treatment of diabetes on the development and progression of long-term complications in insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus. New Engl J Med. 1993;329(14):977-986.
- Bergenstal RM, Tamborlande WV, Ahmann A, et al. Effectiveness of sensor-augmented insulin-pump therapy in type 1 diabetes. N Engl J Med. 2010;363(4):311-320.